If you want to lose weight, you get a guilty conscience at the sight of bacon. Eating it makes your lips look shiny like getting a lip tattoo.
And bacon is the mother of all calories, much too fat, and also full of bad saturated fatty acids! Wait a minute. The cramped fat saving of the last decades has made us fatter than ever before. Because of the demonization of fats, carbohydrates were praised to heaven. It is now clear that the low-fat experiment has failed worldwide.
Energy density, not fat content is crucial
It is not the fat content of a food that determines whether it makes you fat, but its overall energy density. Thus, a low-fat food can have more calories than a high-fat dish with lots of vegetables. If there is a fattening nutrient, then it is simple, that is, easily digestible sugars. The more of it you eat, the more insulin is produced and the more fat is stored. If you eat fat without carbohydrates, but with a lot of vegetables, this hardly starts. Because only the combination of fat and easily digestible carbohydrates, i.e. sugar, is dangerous for weight.
The bacon, of course, is enjoyed by the masses, we, therefore, grant a conditional acquittal. New nutrition trends such as Paleo and Low Carb High Fat, therefore, rely on high-fat, but all the lower carbohydrate diet. And athletes have known it for a long time: For muscle building, fat loss, and energy production, there is nothing better than protein and fat while reducing carbohydrates.
ALSO READ: What Foods To Eat For Healthy Teeth
- The demonization of fat is the ideal breeding ground for the low-fat industry, which deceives us with alleged light products.
- The punishment of fats has only led to the fact that the proportion of carbohydrates in the diet has become much too high.
- Without fat, nothing runs in the body. Because fat is not only an energy source but also an indispensable building material and fulfills vital functions.
- Bacon contains not only saturated but more than half also unsaturated fatty acids.
- In addition to fat, bacon also provides a lot of protein, especially if it is mixed with muscle tissue.
- A return to the diet of our parents and grandparents is called for, i.e. a full-fledged, balanced cuisine with significantly fewer carbohydrates and without artificial renunciation of certain foods.
- Eat what you’ve been trying to avoid all these years, that is, butter, bacon, and eggs. These foods fill you up and are healthy.
- There is therefore nothing wrong with a nut salt with bacon and egg.
- It doesn’t have to be 100 grams of bacon at once. Half of it is enough to enjoy.
- Bacon is and remains an excellent flavor carrier in the kitchen.
- Even small amounts of bacon bring wonderful, hearty flavors into the food so that even the biggest vegetable despisers suddenly take hold.
- If you eat according to our concept of only two meals a day, you no longer have to worry about the sight of bacon.
- Anyone who moves enough in everyday life may allow themselves more enjoyment than someone who spends his life sitting down.
If your mouth waters at the sight of bacon, you no longer have to suppress it. Every now and then a little bacon does not make you fat, especially if you reduce the carbohydrate content in your diet and eat a lot more vegetables instead.